Wednesday, August 22, 2012

happy birthday karol

it's easiest to make cakes for karol.  i don't have to knock my brains out to think of themes for him. whatever occassion.... lightning mcqueen always works ;)

banana chocolate cake 
with chocolate fudge frosting and rolled fondant

this cake made me realize that i like marshmallow fondant more.  the rolled buttercream fondant is too sweet for my taste. it's way too sticky, hence i had to add a lot of sugar.  unfortunately, plain white marshmallows are hard to come by here.  to top it, recipe calls for mini marshmallows, and all i can get (when i get them) are those big, as in bonfire bbq, types.

anyhow, i worked my ass off for this one. got the idea from the internet and executed it almost to a T. it has some hidden "disasters". but in the end, me and my customer were very satisfied i think.  i still have a souvenir from this cake. my point finger looks like the elections came early. good thing i'm not fond of nail polishes.

happy birthday my dear karol. i'm glad you enjoyed your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment